[Reader-list] The Naxalites overreached

anupam chakravartty c.anupam at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 11:50:40 IST 2010

Look who is talking against violence here. how do you explain the ugly
politics prevalant in University of Delhi under ABVP leadership
especially in University of Delhi along with NSUI? how do you explain
death of professor Sabharwal in Bhopal? how do you explain gun battles
between NSUI and ABVP during University of Delhi elections as well as
other parts of the country?

how many student leaders have been arrested? what do you have to say
about allegations of covert and overt support to maoist violence by
student associations during JP years? some of our great leaders have
willingly taken support of their maoist brethren to find a spot in the
legislative assemblies and parliament. how do you explain that?

I am not from JNU or support JNUSU but i am sure these students were
not celebrating the deaths as these report suggests. therefore, leave
the students out of this is my only request.

why cant we have some realistic opposition to such violence? if we are
condemning the violent act of naxals, then one has to also see how
salva judum along with members of armed forces have perpetuated
violence in these areas. with your lopsided reports Pawan, i dont
think you are doing any justice to the souls of the asking for a
retribution from the state. it is short term and illogical. lives are
lost, people killed, more tensions in these areas.

anupam

P.S.: how about writing an open letter to Maoist leader Kishenji and
Ramanna? why do they hide behind that cloth? their hiding more
important than several young men and women who lay their lives for him
and the party or for their cause? this means there exists hierarchy in
rank and information among Maoists just like any other armed guerilla
unit. so are they proposing change or they are also like you, Pawan,
harbingers of retributive justice. do they expect that there can be
negotiation now that they have attained a certain level of expertise
in killing people?