[Reader-list] FW: ATTEMPT OF TARNISHING GUJARAT IMAGE

anupam chakravartty c.anupam at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 19:51:07 IST 2010

I think you have warped ideas about the word 'boycott'. i am not talking
about boycotting Bipin or Pawan but such agendas with tagline which are
misleading. it has happened quite a few times on this list.

it is my appeal, it depends on the other readers as well. i do not think
there is any need for me to give a certificate about my ideas of nation to
you and others. the questions pertains to some of the issues which have been
laboriously discussed by both the sides. they are of very particular nature
which can be addressed without making a sweeping statement about the nation
or ideas of nation.

as far as i know definition of nation of late has been reduced to a ration
card, a PAN card, a passport and inner line permits in some cases and in
some other cases, complete no entry, a few holidays or bandhs depending on
which side of the nation you are. there are others who say that they feel
extremely indebted to the nation when they walk past India Gate or Raj Ghat.
others click their pictures and form personal associations while visiting
these places. there are others who complain about pickpockets lurking about
major national monuments. and many more who duplicate the national symbol
using fake inks and sell stamp papers to acquire land. sometimes nation is
just a notion, on other occasions it is a manifestation of the hubris. a
nation cannot be a monument or a commodity, it is about the people. it is a
dynamic entity.

anupam