[Reader-list] Faith—Photographs by Fawzan Husain, April 17-27, Kolkata

Chintan chintangirishmodi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 07:32:35 IST 2010

>From *Bishan Samaddar*

The Seagull Foundation for the Arts and Tasveer present

FAITH
Photographs by Fawzan Husain

Artist’s Statement

The genesis of this project happened when I was at the crossroad of turning
40. As the graying made its presence felt, friends and relatives urged me to
start looking towards the religious path—time to undo my past deeds. Several
suggestions would be offered: start praying, go on a pilgrimage, perform Haj
and so on. These suggestions led me to discover the concept of Faith in
different religions and regions. I traveled around and documented mankind’s
association with Faith and discovered how each in their own way expressed
their belief.
While many a times it amazed me, some beliefs left me shocked and a few even
touched me. I was a silent spectator, not making judgments but simply
documenting. Today, forty is behind me, but I’m still at the crossroad.

17 to 27 April 2010
2 to 8 p.m. daily
Venue: Seagull Arts and Media Resource Centre, 36C, S. P. Mukherjee Road
[Near Bhowanipur Police Station, between Bijoli and Bharati Cinemas]

More here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=117708524910916