[Reader-list] FW: ATTEMPT OF TARNISHING GUJARAT IMAGE

anupam chakravartty c.anupam at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 11:46:00 IST 2010

http://twocircles.net/2010apr13/bjp_and_congress_dock_communal_violence.html

BJP and Congress in the Dock for Communal ViolenceBy Ram Puniyani

Excerpts:

"Whenever BJP is caught with blood on its hands or doing partiality or
discrimination the first thing it does is to deflect the issue by citing
other cases with some parallels. If one talks of rehabilitation for victims
of communal violence, the rhetoric is what about Kashmiri Pundits? As if two
wrongs make a right! The comparison of Gujarat carnage is immediately done
with the anti Sikh pogrom of 1984. Of course there are lot of similarities
between the anti Sikh pogrom and the anti Muslim Gujarat carnage, but there
are many a differences also. By all accounts it seems the anti Sikh pogrom;
equally tragic was a spontaneous one while Gujarat carnage in all
probability was a preplanned one, using the train burning of Godhra as a
pretext for the violence. The dead bodies of victims of train burning were
deliberately paraded on the streets of Ahmedabad, under full glare of TV
cameras, top level meetings were held instructing officers concerned to let
the Hindus vent their anger and the rest is too well known to be recounted."

thanks Anupam