[Reader-list] FW: FW: ATTEMPT OF TARNISHING GUJARAT IMAGE

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 15:04:08 IST 2010

Dear Pawan

With regard to your accusation, there are two parts:

1) If it's with reference to Gujarat that I have mixed up reports, then
please that's not true. There are multiple accounts of subversion of justice
in the Godhra case itself.

But if the reference is to comparison between the two situations in Kashmir
and Gujarat, yes there are differences, but there are also similarities. The
Muslims (and some Hindus) had to live in camps just like Kashmiri Pandits
after being forced out of Kashmir.

And since the kind of victimization is similar (with regard to what one
feels on being rooted out of one's own home and also seeing his/her dear
ones killed in front of him/her), I thought you would feel for such acts.

It's strange that this is termed mixing of two acts. The intention is not to
mix the act but make you feel based on your own experience that such acts
should not be supported.

2) Modi is indeed the Mahatma of communalization of politics. But I don't
understand what is unethical in criticizing Modi for not protecting the
lives of innocents.

Or may be you too believe that Muslims and Christians are the enemies of
India and should be wiped out, like Modi, the RSS, the BJP and of course,
the great Savarkar-Golwalkar duo.

Rakesh