[Reader-list] FW: FW: ATTEMPT OF TARNISHING GUJARAT IMAGE

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 15:52:13 IST 2010

Dear Pawan

I have read these mails and let me state my views here:

1) Actions here have been used to prove that Muslim terrorism has been
perpetrated in Gujarat. This is ridiculous. Just because perpetrators
unleashed violence on hapless minorities in Gujarat after 2002, I won't call
it as Hindu terrorism. For me, it's state-sponsored terrorism. To associated
the word 'Hindu' with terrorism for such acts is unpardonable and should be
condemned by all sane people.

2) If unlawful acts have been committed at any point of time, be it during
or not during riots, they must be condemned. The writer has mentioned many
things. Can he also mention what action was taken in all of these cases, and
if not, what has the BJP govt. done in these cases in order to ensure
whether justice was served or not. After all, the BJP is a govt of the
'Hindus', as these elements claim, right?

May I know what this supposedly Hindu party did in these cases to secure
justice for their brethren?

And I feel ashamed if what has been reported as incidents of terror are
true, for I don't feel any act of violence can be justified, even if these
were during or not during riots.

3) Some facts have been put up regarding Godhra in this blog:

*1. of a particular religion were asked to get down at the previous
station of Dahod.

*Can some one please state here who are these people of a particular
religion who got down at Dahod? And who saw them getting down? How did this
blog writer come to know about this information?
*
2. patients of a particular community were discharged from the civil
hospital of Godhra one day before 27th Not a single case from a
particular community was registered on 27th Feb.

*Where did this information come from? What is the source of this
information?
*
3. a single student or a teacher of a particular community was present
in the schools of Godhra on 27th Feb.

*What is the source of this information?*

4. clearly shows that not only it was a pre-planned attack but many
others were aware that something is likely to happen on that day.

*How come the blog writer has stated that it was a pre-planned attack and
others were aware about it? Does he state this based on the above three
points? And if yes, how come he came to know about the three points? Is this
a part of his/her personal investigation, or just arbitrary accusations?
*
5. five people are likely to have foreign connections. It is suspected
that this attack was a part of ISI design.
*
Which five people are being talked about? And where did he get the news
about ISI being suspected behind the incident?*

6. L. K. Advani, Shri George Fernandes, Narendra Modi and the BJP
president, have indicated that ISI might have masterminded this
attack.

*Advani and the rest told this even before any preliminary investigation had
been carried out into the incident. And till today, not an iota of evidence
has been presented by the police either before the judiciary or any
commission of inquiry or even before the media to prove that this is an
ISI-led attack. Without proof, I can also say that 26/11 was conducted by
RAW. Would that be true? *

8. Herald and Gujarat Samachar, in their editions dated 4th March, had
also indicated that ISI is behind this attack.*

Newspapers highlight many things and don't put other things as well.
Gujarati-language newspapers were accused by many of giving news with a
biased anti-Muslim tinge to them. My own grandfather who lives in Jamnagar
(for more than 40 years now) stated that the news items regarding the
post-Godhra violence always had some anti-Muslim tinge to them, along with
editorial articles. And this was true even for Gujarat Samachar, which was
till then largely considered a 'secular' paper.

4) Since you wish to talk about post-Godhra violence, let me state them as
well:

i) The tomb of Wali Gujarati in Ahmedabad was burnt. It was on a public
road. What harm had the tomb done to be burnt? And this was not an isolated
incident.

More on what the rioters did on monuments which had to be protected as they
are archives of our culture and history in this article on Rediff.

http://www.rediff.com/news/2006/mar/06gujarat.htm

ii) During the entire pogrom, there was organized looting and killing on a
mass scale. Shops were being looted by people who were travelling around in
cars to house their 'stolen material'. Car-showrooms were smashed and burnt.
Masjids and dargahs were burnt.

Politicians were leading mobs and directing them as well as talking on
mobiles to know about death counts. Moreover, trucks were called in to
transport dead bodies and scatter them around to lower death count in many
places. Bodies which were disposed of during those days were in a despicable
condition and it was difficult to bury them, as one video I saw on the
Gujarat riots filmed by a Hindu showed.

Petrol and even LPG cylinders were used on a massive scale to burn people
alive to death. There is evidence after evidence after evidence of all this.
Also we know that the police didn't register cases in many incidents or
clubbed cases to ensure lesser penalty for those caught. The main actors
were also not named in the FIR's and efforts were made to ensure that cases
were dropped in return for allowing people to come back to villages they
lived in.

Modi himself didn't attend any of the relief camps Muslims and even some of
the Hindus had to run to after the violence took place, until Vajpayee came
there.

iii) Ehsan Jaffery was hacked to death. Till today his body has not been
found. Many lost their lives in the massacre related to this. During this
incident, police had just left his home 5 minutes before, when the mob came.
And the killing was a spree for all to loot and rape women and hack the men
and later the women and children to death. Did they go and burn the S-6
coach at Godhra?

It is also shameful Pawan ji, that you are championing the cause of a person
who presided over the violence which even forced the Supreme Court to
compare him to a Nero who fiddled while Gujarat (Nero's Rome) burnt.

How proud are people on this forum to celebrate a man who presided over the
rape and killing of so many!  I wonder if they would be proud if their own
wives and mothers were raped by a mob led by a politician who is revered by
others in this forum or elsewhere in the society.

Rakesh