[Reader-list] Dr. Kumar Harsh killed in accident

Aditya Raj Kaul kauladityaraj at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 10:39:38 IST 2010

Dr. Harsh was among those who led the anti-caste based reservations movement
at AIIMS all through 2006. His death has come as a shock to all his fellow
activists and friends from medical and journalist fraternity.

*Kumar Harsh killed in accident *

Staff Reporter

NEW DELHI: Dr. Kumar Harsh, the face and spokesperson of the students'
movement against the government move to reserve seats for Other Backward
Classes in Central universities and other institutions of higher learning,
has been killed in a road accident in Bali.

The 34-year-old clinical oncologist sustained extensive injuries in the
abdomen and brain and was rushed to a hospital in that city on Tuesday
night. His family has reached Bali to bring the body back home.

Dr. Harsh, who was also president of the Resident Doctors' Association at
the All-India Institute of Medical Sciences in Delhi, had recently joined a
private hospital in the city.

“Everyone is shocked by the news. There is a deep sense of loss and we can
only offer our support to his family at this time of need,'' said AIIMS
Faculty Association president Dr. Manoj Singh.

Courage

“Dr. Harsh will forever be in our memories as a person who had the courage
and conviction to fight for what is right. He was a good doctor and more
importantly a sensitive human being,'' said Dr. Kaushal Sharma, a former
colleague of Dr. Harsh at AIIMS.