[Reader-list] How many mines do you own Bipin?

anupam chakravartty c.anupam at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 12:46:18 IST 2010

Bipin,

You have twisting and turning information for yourself but now you have been
posting it on a reader's forum is equally disturbing.

School buildings being turned into barracks is not a sign of development in
any part of the world. Something must be so rotten in the development
schemes that schools had to be turned into barracks for the armed personnel
to stay.

It seems for you, barracks are the coolest things to come up in the
neighbourhood. Mind you, you are not in Dantewada or you havent been there
ever, so all this talk is bogus and unfounded.

This is not to defend Arundhati Roy or her arguments. But I thought you are
aware of this situation where in security forces not just in Dantewada but
in several schools of Jammu and Kashmir and North East turned schools into
barracks. Are schools meant for that? Why are barbed wires constructed in
front of these schools while building it? what is this insecurity? Do you
have any kind of data as to how many schools have been destroyed before they
were turned into barracks? If you dont, what are you arguing here for?

what should a school look like a barrack? how many mines do you own Bipin?

anupam

-