[Reader-list] An artist is seeking help to document pottery in Northeast India.

Chandni Parekh chandni_parekh at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 18 18:42:08 IST 2010

Excerpts from http://z.pe/5b2w -

>From Rashi

A trip to North East: learning and documenting the potters of the region!
  Objective
	* Cover major pottery centres/ tribes in 7 states.
	* Document the process through film and photography, clay making, firing, salient features, etc of each community.
	* Study the impacts of globalisation and environmental change on the survival of the craft.
I'm looking for NGO support for existing pottery centres , people
knowledgeable of the handicrafts, any funding opportunities and people
to stay with in major cities. I am getting accompanied by a friend who
works with textiles and we will be visiting some of those centres as
well.

We take off to Guwhatti by the 24th April by train and travel to the
different states over a period of 2 months and head out to Calcutta and
potters communities in West Bengal. We are open to comapions on the
trip, with or without an agenda.