[Reader-list] NAXAL BRUTAL TERROR

Shuddhabrata Sengupta shuddha at sarai.net
Sun Apr 18 11:00:02 IST 2010

Yes, you are right, I do not believe that the forests should be
opened up to mining. Mining for large capitalist corporations or
state run enterprises unleashes havoc, and extracts materials that we
can well do without. For example - the vast majority of the aluminium
that is made out of bauxite mined in the world is used by a parasitic
defence industry that answers no human needs. The little aluminium
that is necessary for non defence related uses can be easily
processed from existing resources, you do not need new mines.

So here you have a situation which goes like this - in order to
sustain capitalism you need a large war machine - which answers no
human needs, contributes only to misery - in order to feed the needs
of that war machine - you need mining of the kind that is being
resisted. take the mines away, and you will contribute to a lessening
of human misery

Or else, you can see the entire forest region of Central India
converted to the hell that is Bellary. Where the Reddy Brothers are
able to manipulate politics, threaten journalists, run MPs in Delhi
and subsidize a vast empire of greed.

On 18-Apr-10, at 10:52 AM, Bipin Trivedi wrote:

> Dear Shuddha,
> As you say large section of the population does not want to
> surveyed, that’s your belief but are they ready to keep them out of
> survey? As per knowledge/report most of them (may be not all of
> them), NGO’s, human right activists probable demand for them
> government help, aid, jobs, BPL benefits but do not want to give
> their resources. One way traffic? Is it justifiable?
> I think from your content, you and may be some others believe that
> we should not use forest resources, mines  etc. is it? Your reply
> waited.
> Thanks
> Bipin

Shuddhabrata Sengupta