[Reader-list] FW: Gujarat Governor returns bill on voting

Bipin Trivedi aliens at dataone.in
Thu Apr 22 16:19:07 IST 2010

Gujarat governor has did un-democratic move by sending back the compulsory
voting bill of Gujarat assembly.

Governor is said to be highest constitutional post of the states in our
democratic India. Governor must act to strengthen the democracy, but our
Governors are puppet of central government and never acts with their soul or
mind. At present our democracy is one way democracy. People want freedom of
speech/act in all the aspects but in return they don't want to be
accountable further to strengthen our democracy. This bill is a step toward
to strengthen our democracy. Someone argue that why should we vote to this
cheater politician. But, I want to say that we have allowed making
politician cheater by voting merely 40/50% on average since independent.

Congress played vote bank politics only since independence and if compulsory
voting law would be there initially, congress vote bank tactics would have
been averted and real democracy would be there and in that case our country
would have been in different path today.

Thanks
Bipin