[Reader-list] Inviting Submissions for a Site for Indian Feminists - www.ultraviolet.in

Chandni Parekh chandni_parekh at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 23 14:53:16 IST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dilnavaz

Here's the UV blurb. Please circulate widely! Thanks, C!

By
the way, our editor is currently stuck en route to India because of the
volcanic eruptions, so her response may take a while.

Ultra Violet (http://ultraviolet.in) writers can come from anywhere and be anything (man,
woman, transgendered, god, myth, animal). As long as you’re saying
something interesting and useful for feminists in India, we’d be
happy to post it as a guest contribution.
Currently, you can contribute:
	* personal essays
	* non-fiction essays
	* reviews of feminist art,  books, movies, plays etc
	* reviews of mainstream art, books, movies, plays etc from a  feminist POV
	* commentary on media
	* interviews with eminent feminists
The above types of submissions will be edited for coherence and
grammar, if necessary.
We’re also open to featuring original  feminist art under these
heads:
	* poetry
	* short fiction (under 2000 words)
	* drawings and paintings (scanned)
	* photographs
Art works will not be edited, and therefore, we’ll have to be more
choosy. We’ll publish only a limited number of such contributions each
quarter and they will need to meet certain minimum requirements in terms of quality. Whatever the form, the content must be relevant to the
lives of women. It must be from a feminist standpoint or related to
feminist thought. (Anti-feminist thought doesn’t count, sorry.) In some
cases, we may ask you to elaborate a little bit on its feminist aspects.
All posts are subject(ed) to editorial approval.
Previously published works are welcome as long as you hold the
copyright.
At this point, Ultra Violet has no funds and no earnings. All the
writing, editing, design and coding is done on a voluntary basis. So
unfortunately, we will not be able to pay you.
Send pitches or submissions to editor[at]ultraviolet.in