[Reader-list] Teaching has its rewards

A.K. Malik akmalik45 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 29 15:33:06 IST 2010

Hi Chintan,
            Even today teaching for women is considered a very good job as they can easily take care of their kids, families and other household requirements as usually the school times are from early morning to afternoons only. While for men,whatever the people may say, it is usually  either a forced option or a second grade choice barring a few who volunteer on their own free volition.In Punjabi families while a female teacher can get decent matrimonial responses, for males it is not so.Though the point is debateable this is what I have observed for several years.In social gatherings also a male teacher doesn't get the requisite social status.
2. While the teachers are not highly paid, the educators,at times are getting lot of money in terms of consultancies etc. and considered somewhat above the teachers in terms of social status.
In any case now a days the choice is that of the individuals and it can't be forced upon by elders.
Regards,

(A.K.MALIK)