[Reader-list] Stone-pelting by Separatists kill yet another innocent in Kashmir

Aditya Raj Kaul kauladityaraj at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 13:35:46 IST 2010

*J&K:Another innocent dies in stone pelting*  30 Apr 2010, 1222 hrs IST
 A civilian has been killed in a stone pelting incident in the Batmaloo area
of Srinagar on Friday (April 30).

Shafiq Ahmed Shiekh, a government employee and resident of Srinagar, has
been identified as the person who was killed after stone pelters attacked
the minibus he was travelling in. He succumbed to his injuries after being
hit in the head.

Speaking exclusively to TIMES NOW , Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah said, "it's time for the separatists to come forward and publicly
condemn the incident."

Meanwhile, People's Democratic Party (PDP) President Mehbooba Mufti, said
her party condemns all sorts of violence in the Valley. When asked if they
would rake up this issue in the Assembly, she refused to divulge any details
adding, "We have just received the news. However, we condemn these attacks
on innocent civilians."