[Reader-list] Is Farhan Haq ( UNO offical ) an Artist?

Inder Salim indersalim at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 19:02:56 IST 2010

ABOUT STONE THROWING

A spontaneous demonstration formed on the American side of the checkpoint,
protesting the actions of the East and the inactions of the West: a few days
later, the crowd stoned Soviet buses driving towards the Soviet War
Memorial<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_War_Memorial_%28Tiergarten%29>,
located in the Tiergarten <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiergarten> in the
British sector. The Soviets tried to escort the buses with Armored Personnel
Carriers <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armored_Personnel_Carrier> (APCs).
Thereafter, the Soviets were only allowed to cross via the Sandkrug Bridge
crossing point (which was the nearest to Tiergarten) and were prohibited
from bringing in APCs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checkpoint_Charlie

--

http://indersalim.livejournal.com