[Reader-list] Fw: Visit to Pandit migrant camps in Jammu 2002- A personal account

Lalit Ambardar lalitambardar at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 14 14:13:36 IST 2010

Physical intimidation;written threats delivered at home;hit lists put on the walls of the holy mosques ; threats from the loudspeakers of holy mosques; selective  brutal killings of young & old in broad day light in streets in full view of  conspicously silent public/neighbours & in homes ;rape & murder ; Wandahama & Nadimarg mass murders ........did not become stories......no one attempted to weave any......how your own chose to become unknown with eyes shut lest guilt would be seen, never made it to any discourse...till the tribe vanished almost, from the lands.....

Ethnic cleansing....genocide....near genocide...mass exodus...exodus....departure or journey of a large number.....escape from hostile environment.....forced to flee under threat of violence...migration.... etc.etc...???.... who cares...??? Did it ever matter? Does it matter now ?

Now, it sounds like comforting the lamb after it was sacrificed " well dear,you know it, the blade was shinning sharp........................"

Rgds all

LA