[Reader-list] Fw: Visit to Pandit migrant camps in Jammu 2002- A personal account

Inder Salim indersalim at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 00:04:54 IST 2010

Dear Gowhar

"Indians resisted the universal, preferring situation-specific
solutions, in comparison to a Western... ".  A.K. Ramanujan ( from the
essay  about Juggard in Deccan Herald )

I dont how much one should read into the universal, but we normally
cherish the word and its capacity to embrace common concerns of human
beings all over the world. But factually we fail to implement it
sincerely. Recent protest at Jantar Mantar on innocent killings in
kashmir was  one occasion to bring KP's closer to KMs but not so, may
be the victim hood card is closer to the chest. The pattern is
operating in the valley even.

 For KP brothers it was the unfurling of Tri colour  at Jantar Mantar
in front of KM brothers which looked less nationalistic and more as a
( kavaj ) protective  plate to play mischief.

How unaesthetic the naked phallus can be when it plays its
penetrative gaze in its own arena, one should have been at Jantar
Mantar to see how  KM brothers were so defensive and giving slogans, "
you are our brothers ". against the men holding Tri Colour.

A man like Gandhi would have been ashamed to see all this. That is why
he stayed away from Delhi independance day, and went to Calcutta
instead to bring the two ( HIndus and Muslims ) closer. One of the
Muslims tired to strangle him, but he ignored , and even told him to
forget.

with love
is

http://indersalim.livejournal.com