[Reader-list] The Deception of the Indian Liberal Discourse on Kashmir

Syed Yunus delhi.yunus at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 06:27:27 IST 2010

Thanks for these pieces of arguments.

As a non expert, I was contemplating that at this particular point of time
almost all the policy changes are taking place (in india) but  why  dont I
see a serious debate on such issues in media or online groups like sarai. i
mean issues like changing taxation, education, laws, norms related to
financial access/banking ,social security i.e insurance and  PF pension etc.

Is it the curse of expertise? or the pressure to focus on one? which is
making us ignorant and expert at the same time.
or perhaps some strong emotional issues  is driving our attention to some
where else?

for example: common wealth scams have taken most of the media space,
parliament is stormed every day on inflation but policies regarding to above
issues are being influenced smoothly with out any opposition.

Is the opposition dead?

Who is sitting at the key policy making positions?

What is common between, Pranab mukherjee, Man mohan singh, Montek singh,
P. chidambaram, and Kapil Sibbal?

As a non expert i can easliy question and I dont have to answer.

Thanks again,

Yunus

Change is the only constant in life !