[Reader-list] The Deception of the Indian Liberal Discourse on Kashmir

Kshmendra Kaul kshmendra2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 19 18:30:18 IST 2010

Dear Mani

You could be right. Maybe I am a 'brainless idiot'. So, help me understand.

1. You said "The sangh parivar has a lot to gain from the Hurriyat's behaviour". I agree on that. The "Hindutvavaadi" platform of the 'sangh parivar' get strengthened by "Hurriyat's behaviour".

In this does the 'sangh parivar' serve any business interests or itself gain monetarily?

2. You go on to say that "without suitable investments such actions cannot be induced.".

So are you saying, as you seem to be, that the "Hurriyat behaviour" is financed by the 'sangh parivar'? Or is there any other form of 'suitable investments' to 'induce' this  Hurriyat's behaviour"?

3. You describe the Hurriyat as being "supposedly 'antinationalist' ". Supposedly???

Are you saying that actually the Hurriyat are "Nationalist" and all this is a game between the 'sangh parivar' and "Hurriyat" for the sake of monetary gain? That this 'Independence Movement' in Kashmir is a stage managed farce?

That leaves me still wondering where the corporate/business interests fit in and which/who are they.

Kshmendra