[Reader-list] An earnest plea regarding average postings on Kashmir.

gowhar fazli gowharfazili at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 23:25:31 IST 2010

It is high time we shifted the discourse on Kashmir from a juvenile jingoistic black and white, maligning approach, which at best helps satisfy a few underdeveloped egos; to thinking about it as though Kashmiris (all Kashmiris and their neighbours as well!) were people too.  The routine rabble rousing regurgitation of venom and factual distortions or piecemeal circulation of hearsay flattening the whole populations to suit ones fancy, affects lives of real people who are made of flesh and blood like us.

I would appreciate if the response to this plea, if any, were not a clause by clause nitpicking of the text, but practical suggestions on how to elevate the discourse above mundane 'gali galoch'.  I understand elsewhere, some will keep at it because they do not know any better or because that is what those places are meant for.  But on this forum, where most other issues are dealt with reasonable seriousness, this too can be different.