[Reader-list] Raksha Bandan day

Inder Salim indersalim at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 23:04:21 IST 2010

Thanks Raj Kamal ji

perhaps, some sincerity in the image has made you ask this question, I
give some benefit of doubt to myself. It is just a poster, done may
years back...

Well, i believe, India and Pakistan have a huge cultural past to
share, in fact both are celebrating ( music, language, food ) , and
the limits imposed by that bloody 47 divide has caused us to look more
acutely into each others plights. It is happening deeply in our minds.
I believe, that the more we feel distant to some one, the more we are
attracted to that. We may be logically feel it, but i see it happening
to all of us, even when we loudly say we are indifferent to others
pain...

I dont know  the language of the those echoes which are very much in
our veins, in our bone marrow, to feel that we belong to one big past,
say Indus valley past, but why are we not worried about the
sensibilities during the times when we ( establishment ) ignore the
aid if millions are suffering, just because there is politics.

How can we ignore the dying man, just because we dont feel the pain , sad.

So, may be this poster is a humble way to look into that past, which
is right now in front of me, you , all of us...

My unknown sister is from Lahore.

good wishes to such millions of ideas

love
is