[Reader-list] Big Hi to all

Tapas Ray [Gmail] tapasrayx at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 21:28:47 IST 2010

Is it Varalakshmi or Varaha Lakshmi? It should be the latter if you
consider the authority of the Nandikula Purana. The story is that
Kartik went hunting wild boar one day. A particularly uncooperative
animal attacked him instead of dying without fuss. Poor Kartik called
out, "Sistuh! Save me!" Lakshmi heard his cries, came running with a
brass pot full of gold coins, which pot she brought down upon the
offending boar's thick skull with the full force of her comely arms,
whereupon the said varaha died, heaving a sigh of relief for leaving
the mortal coils behind at last.