[Reader-list] Fwd: Urgent- a brother in need

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 11:42:48 IST 2010

Hi

Sorry to put this up here, but this is an urgent mail for donation sent by
someone in our institute, so am forwarding it.

Rakesh

Dear All,

My dear classmate, Betiglu Eshete has met with a serious accident. I suppose
its a road accident.

 I am told his spinal chord is crushed and there are ample chances that he
might get partially paralysed. There is no treatment available for him in
his country. He has to go to other country for an operation which might cost
over 12 lakhs (approximate figure). Don't know if he can be transported.

Our HOL, Dr.Ravindra Gettu is coordinating here for him and checking out the
possibility for the operation in Apollo Hospital Chennai. Nothing is sure
and clear. All the faculty are ready to donate some money either for his
operation or for his assistance in Ethiopia. I am sure all of us feel for
him.

I am mailing this to few UOP candidates whose id I had. I request them to
post this mail in the UOP circle-our batch or my class guys please take the
initiative to forward this mail to the UOP batchmates.

 I am co-ordinating on our students side from here and if anyone wants to
help Betiglu monetarily, kindly contact me in this id. If he can't come here
for operation we are planning to send him the money to Ethiopia. This is as
per Dr.Gettu's suggestion.

shobha ramalingam <rsarch92 at gmail.com>

Regards

Shobha. R
Ph.D Research Scholar
BTCM Division, Civil Engg.Dept.
IIT Madras, India

Ajesh Kumar P.T. (M.Tech Ocean engineering, IIT Madras)
Research Scholar in Ocean Engineering
Department of Ocean Engineering
IIT Madras,
Phone: 09790843018