[Reader-list] From the English daily, Kashmir Images

SJabbar sonia.jabbar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 18:17:46 IST 2010

Could be, Jeebesh, and that IS an interesting idea, but I'm afraid the
present is fuelled by rage and rage alone.  Not sure it can sustain itself
beyond a point. Rage tends to burn itself out and then you land up at the
door of the inevitable question, "what next?"  This what next is the big
political question and implies the inevitable engaging with your enemy in a
more sustainable way, perhaps as in a dialogue.  But dialogue on what when
there is no consensus in the crowd about the meaning of azadi.

On 31/08/10 5:37 PM, "Jeebesh" <jeebesh at sarai.net> wrote:

On 31-Aug-10, at 5:23 PM, we wi wrote:

> Waiting for Godot
> Manzoor
> Anjum
>
> The problem with our leadership is that instead of leading, they
>
> just follow
> the crowds.

Can we not think this as a problem?

But as an
> emerging reality full of potential for a possible new
counter-politics that
> has already disturbed the consensus and is
striving for a new language. The
> deep enmeshing of the "political"
with state-power and capital is now a
> consensus and a common-sense.
The present " acting without leaders" maybe a
> way out in a much deeper

way.

warmly
jeebesh