[Reader-list] PUT ARUNDHATI IN JAIL ON SEDITION CHARGES! HURRAH!

Inder Salim indersalim at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 23:44:34 IST 2010

"A stint in jail shall definitely bring a sharper and weighty edge to her
> writing"

interesting line by Pheeta ji

going to prison is not actually a terrible thing to experience,
particularly for political prisoners...... i have cherished memories
from my fortnights stint at Sringar Jail during college days in 70s

. The situation out there in reality is sometimes as grim as prison
itself. and if one has power to transform that experience into more
exhaustive understanding of what we are, how to act ....the of course
this is not then on another planet.

the other point, paradoxical , the writer's loss is audience's gains
here, because i see  interest in Roy increasing many folds in Kashmir
and else where, which is actually good for young minds in Kashmir. who
will be more critical in their thought.which is good for all,

let us wait and watch, the case of this sedition charge, looks weak on
legally,  and will only crawl for years, if at all the right wing
jingoistic group is keen enough to push it, but finally i see the case
will almost disappear at the door of Supreme Court.

But meanwhile i too count the benefits of this FIR.
holding such meetings will be a problem which is their gain, sadly
but i hope the intellectual base for right understanding of Kashmir
issue increases too, in India and abroad

love
is

http://indersalim.livejournal.com