[Reader-list] FIR and this list

Syed Yunus delhi.yunus at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 00:51:31 IST 2010

Thank you Rakesh  for pointing this out.

Whenever such trash of arguments happen on this list ( other than the
ongoing debate) I consider it as a smoke screen to some other more important
issues. generally these trash arguments evoke Pain, Guilt, Hatred and Anger
in respective readers. Who then are not able to be objective and
see clearly what could be most or more  important to them.

So if you consider information as flow of various colours then  these
*dark*colours are accentuated at times to hide, control or dilute any
emerging
pattern.

regards,

Yunus

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Rakesh Iyer <rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com> wrote:

> If only were there some sane rationality in the entire debate (as opposed
> personal mudslinging), we could have done better.
>
> The entire debate has completely changed, and not for the first time.
> Instead of arguing whether the ideas of Arundhati are right or wrong, now
> we
> have come up to what Indian politicians indulge in (as their favorite game
> of course). Not for nothing do I keep hearing: Only when we improve
> ourselves, can we expect our politicians to improve.
>
> Arundhati may be right or wrong, but it is utterly shameful that groups
> have
> to resort to violence and even going to court to restrain someone from
> speaking. It is even more shameful that if we don't like a speech, we don't
> treat the other person as just a piece of shit and carry on with our work,
> undeterred. It's here, there and everywhere.
>
> If the Congress does not like anything spoken against Sonia Gandhi, it
> creates violence. The ABVP is doing it, and so is RIK and BJP and their
> related organizations. I can understand RIK not liking it, but throwing
> stones and imposing cases is absolutely muzzling the right to free speech
> of
> a person.
>
> Yes, freedom of speech has its own limits. But those limits must be
> self-imposed. If Muslims don't like Togadia's speech, they are free to
> ignore it or even protest against it in a peaceful way. The same should be
> true for RIK in this case also. And if you feel Arundhati is anti-Indian,
> protest against her in a peaceful way.
>
> This is total rubbish. Never mind that a case against Arundhati will only
> give Pakistan a stick to beat India with whenever India claims it's a
> democracy.
>
> This also exposes the double dealing of India trying to be proud at the
> world stage of being a democracy, while actually trying to muzzle all
> voices
> possible.
>
> Rakesh

Change is the only constant in life !