[Reader-list] FIR and this list

Pheeta Ram pheeta.ram at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 22:19:11 IST 2010

I often wonder as to why it is that people who are really right (and not on
the side of the Right), are on the side of Truth, are on the side of what is
ethical (with capital T), i mean people who stand for the oppressed, their
struggles or themselves have decided not to tolerate the tyrant and get rid
of their chains, are always on the defensive, as if being offensive, being
rude, being aggressive, being violent to the goons on the Right is
corrupting and sinful. Does being defensive, being a party who is always at
the receiving end of violence catapult one to a higher moral pedestal? And
if that is so, should one then infer that the Evil shall always be on the
ascendant, always be the party charging at the people, always be the
aggressor, always be the ruler, always be the one to wield Power?

When shall the good people decide to be really BAD to people who are really
really Bad, are Evil, are doing everything that is UN-ETHICAL?

Should people who are in the process of breaking their chains be apologetic
about it, act in bad faith, as if being good, being on the side of what is
ethically right means never to be in the commanding position, never to be in
charge of the Power, never be the aggressor, never be violent, never be a
TERROR-ist, never send shivers of TERROR through the spine of the Evil?

I think its high time WE reclaim all these categories, these 'virtues' we
ascribe to the Evil (intolerance, aggression, violence, terror! ) and
re-engineer the mainframe of Power, wrest it from the Evil, re-organise the
terms of engagement, reset the variables, redefine the constants of this
non-linear mathematics of Power to our advantage, the advantage of Good, the
Ethical.

There is no other way!