[Reader-list] Words of Women @ Habitat with Uma Chakravarti

shweta tewari shwetatewari28 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 13:30:39 IST 2010

Zubaan* *and* *India Habitat Centre

present

*Words of Women*

*A Quiet Little Entry*

-         *a film by Uma Chakravarti*

Based on *Fragments of a Life: A Family Archive* by Mythili Sivaraman

Is there a history outside the framework of power? Can we retrieve ordinary
women from the place they have been consigned to in histories obsessed with
the successful stories of men? What does history look like from the point of
view of the experiences of women? How can we reconstruct the lives of women
who leave behind only fragments of themselves in ways that historians do not
consider worthy ‘documents’?

Duration: 44 minutes; Language: English

*Time*: 7 pm, 14th December 2010

*Venue*: Casuarina, India Habitat Centre,

Lodhi Road, New Delhi