[Reader-list] Majboor passes away

rashneek kher rashneek at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 12:33:47 IST 2010

Dear Friends,

It makes me terribly sad to inform you that one of the greatest Kashmiri
poets Arjun Dev Majboor is no more.Majboor breathed his last yesterday
night.
He was essentially a Kashmiri poet and prose writer but has some credible
works of translation to his credit notable among them Kalidas's
Meghdootam(to Kashmiri) in verse form and Nilamata Purana(from Sanskrit to
Urdu).
His collection of poems include Kalaam-e-Majboor was published in the year
1955, followed by Dashahaar in 1983, Dazavuni Kosam in 1987, Padi Samyik in
1993 and Tyol in 1995. He also authored his most notable set of essays
Tehqeeq.
Arjun Dev Majboor has authored research papers on Lala Lakshman, a well
known Kashmiri humorist-poet (1892-1962 AD) and compiled a book on his works
titled ‘Kuliyat-e-Lala Lakhman’, published by J&K Academy in 1982. Majboor
has also to his credit, a research article on Arinimal. He has published
monograph on Krishen Razdan.
In his sad demise,my mother tongue loses one of its great exponents.
Majboor was born in 1924 in Zainpora in Pulwama district of Kashmir.

In mourning

--
Rashneek Kher
http://www.kashmiris-in-exile.blogspot.com