[Reader-list] Wu Yongfang, the Hunger Artist

Jeebesh jeebesh at sarai.net
Tue Dec 21 16:19:23 IST 2010

dear all,
this essay on a hunger artist in China. Very intriguing. Do read it.
warmly
jeebesh
Hu Fang
Wu Yongfang, the Hunger Artist

http://www.e-flux.com/journal/view/141

"Michael Jackson had been preparing for his death for a very long
time. Why do I say this? He had already experienced the death of his
physical body once, twice, countless times. His physical body faded
away long ago. It was transfigured into an image. He had been living
inside his image for a long time. This final death was merely the
realization of his eternal life. It is inevitable that the body will
eventually disappear, but the image lives on forever. When his body
finally died, I had a sudden realization."