[Reader-list] Launched & live, the festival : “Humanity Explored” by 'Culture unplugged' / Job opportunity: Online Producer (India-based) at G3ict / SUPPORT RADA

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Tue Dec 21 21:31:27 IST 2010

Launched & live, the festival : “Humanity Explored” by 'Culture
unplugged'

Dear Film-Maker,

Hope you have been well.

We wish to share our joy and inform you about the launch of the
festival “Humanity Explored” - the festival where we gather and explore
‘interconnectedness’ or ‘oneness’ by remembering what fundamental
emotions, needs and dreams unite us, and question/contemplate the
divisive perception of ‘otherness’. At this festival, we celebrate our
collective humane evolution by contemplating the contemporary cultures
& societies, through cinema. Please feel free to invite & welcome the
viewers, the fellow citizens, our brothers & sisters at :
http://www.cultureunplugged.com

With this launch, the festival “We Speak Here” has come to end. For
deeper participation with the festivals and our efforts, we wish to
inquire and invite you. If you wish, please visit, learn and register
at : http://www.cultureunplugged.com/festival/rewards.php

As you know, we have recently launched the ‘Contribution’ feature. Per
our previous mail to you, If you have already set your account, please
disregard the following request. But if you have yet to set it up
please do so, to allow the audience to send their support to you. This
will take only few minutes of your time. To understand the effort and
how to set-up, please review the
guide(http://cdn.cultureunplugged.com/User_Docs/Contribute_FAQ's.pdf).
If there is any question or concern we have not addressed in this
document, please let us know and we will be happy to help you. A note
on the ‘Contribution’ feature : It can be accessed by the viewer from
your film's as well as from your profile page. 100% of the contribution
goes directly to you, the film maker. Culture Unplugged does not
receive any part of this contribution. At present, the site offers
online payments through PayPal only, but other online payment methods
will be introduced soon.

Culture Unplugged festival team truly thanks you and feels grateful for
the kind engagement on this mission by all film-makers + organizations.
Together, we support our individual talent and collective voice,
facilitate further democratization of film/media dissemination, raise
our collective/global consciousness and contribute to humanity, with
these festivals.

We are committed to improve our service and further the mission with
your help, for which we truly value & welcome your thoughts and
suggestions. Please share it with us anytime. We hope to hear from you.

In service,
With gratitude,

Yogesh
on behalf of,
Culture Unplugged Festival Team
www.cultureunplugged.com
India | USA | Indonesia | New Zealand
Promote films. Promote consciousness.

Job opportunity: Online Producer (India-based) at G3ict

POSITION DESCRIPTION: ONLINE PRODUCER

G3ict, the Global Initiative for Inclusive ICTs (www.g3ict.org), is a
United Nations-led Advocacy
Initiative dedicated to facilitating the implementation around the
world of the Digital Accessibility
Agenda defined by the Convention on the Rights of Persons with
Disabilities.

G3ict has an immediate opening for an Online Producer (based in India)
to manage all aspects of content
development and distribution for the G3ict Web/Online related
initiatives (G3ict websites,
monthly online newsletter, and Web optimization). The candidate will
report to the G3ict Director
of External Relations.

Responsibilities Include:
• Collect, edit and arrange the text, video, audio, images and other
materials to be included
on the G3ict and toolkit websites and online newsletter
• Produce and distribute the online newsletter on a monthly basis by
the deadline and
ensure updates to the newsletter database
• Ensure periodic updates and new entries in each core section of the
website, including
blogs, document libraries, and image libraries, send reminders to
bloggers
• Assist with periodic testing for Web accessibility
• Assist with Web marketing and SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
efforts by creating
periodic reports and analysis from Google Analytics, perform keyword
search, etc.
• Coordinate maintenance and improvements with website developers

Qualifications/Skills:
• Deadline and exceptionally detail-oriented
• Technical and design knowledge
• Excellent proven command of written English and editing
• Familiarity with common web publishing technologies
• Strong organizational skills
• Familiarity with disability and accessibility issues a plus
• Comfortable working independently, but also working in a small
team-oriented setting and
able to follow direction

Requirements:
• This position is a remote one, so candidate must have own computer,
reliable broadband
Internet connection and be available for weekly conference calls,
preferably on Skype
• Computer savvy

• Preferred majors: communications, marketing, computer science

Time Commitment and additional information:
The above tasks will require 40 hours a week. Flexible work schedule
according to deadlines,
as needed. Initial orientation/training provided. The position offers
a great editorial learning
experience in disability rights and the cutting-edge field of digital
accessibility.

To apply:
Send cover letter and résumé (please include "G3ict Online Producer"
in the subject line) to
Francesca Cesa Bianchi, G3ict Director of External Relations at
fcesabianchi at g3ict.org
------------------------------------
SUPPORT RADA

WHY SUPPORT RADA?
Because we need your help.

For over one hundred years RADA has nurtured and enriched the talents
of extraordinary young people; people who have gone on to make major
contributions to the cultural heritage of Britain and the world beyond.
Our graduates have been at the forefront of theatre, film and
television for over a century. As actors, writers, directors and
technicians RADA graduates have consistently excelled, developing and
maintaining the respect with which RADA is held by those inside the
theatre and film industry and those without. Our training is synonymous
with excellence and we work tirelessly to ensure that each generation
of students continues to make a worthwhile contribution to the creative
arts.

But it comes at a cost: we need to raise half of the cost of our
training from private sources. This amounts to a not inconsiderable £2
million each year. We raise these funds through a host of income
generating activities including short courses,
http://www.rada.ac.uk/courses-at-rada
box office sales, http://www.rada.ac.uk/productions-and-events
business enterprise, http://www.radaenterprises.org/rel/
donations from individuals
http://www.rada.ac.uk/support-rada/individual-support
and
private companies,
http://www.rada.ac.uk/support-rada/business-opportunities
corporate sponsorship, trusts and foundations
http://www.rada.ac.uk/support-rada/business-opportunities
and
legacies.http://www.rada.ac.uk/support-rada/individual-support

If you would like to support RADA’s continuing contribution to the
creative arts, this is where we need your help:

Core training http://www.rada.ac.uk/courses-at-rada
Student fees and living costs
Special Projects including special projects
http://www.rada.ac.uk/support-rada/special-projects and equipment
http://www.rada.ac.uk/support-rada/annual-fund
Education & Outreach work http://www.rada.ac.uk/education-and-outreach