[Reader-list] UnBox: A festival of action at the intersections

Lilly Irani lirani at cs.stanford.edu
Tue Dec 28 17:31:16 IST 2010

 Application deadlines for intensive travel-based workshops on safe water,
clean energy, urban art, and rural livelihoods are due January 10th.
------

We invite you to *UnBox, a festival of action at the intersections* of
different disciplines. The main event brings three days of* ideas, stories**,
spectacles, and exchange* that will build momentum around design thinking
and inter-disciplinary collaborations. This is a festival that will bring
together designers, policy makers, entrepreneurs, activists, educators,
artists, and others interested in social and cultural change.

UnBox: A festival of action at the intersections

> February 24-27, 2011
Alliance Francaise and Hauz Khas Village, New Delhi

UnBox blends work and play across contexts and mediums, bringing
together workshops,
debates, brainstorms, picnics, literary readings, and travel. Together,
we'll rethink and stretch design practice through imagination, provocation,
and stimulation. UnBox creates a space for practitioners to learn from one
another and spark new forms of social and cultural change.

Prior to the festival, selected UnBox Fellows will participate in
an immersive, intense, and multi-disciplinary field trip. We seek fellows
for sessions on organic food in India, Old Delhi through new media, urban
sanitation, safe water, clean energy, and livelihoods in Kumaon.

Apply by January 10, 2011 to participate in:

http://unboxfestival.com/home/fellowship/

> * the conference at http://unboxfestival.com/home/conference/. Seats are
limited to 100 people.

> Check the website for the latest on public, conference, and fellowship
events or learn more at www.unboxfestival.com.

Partners:
* Quicksand, CoDesign
* Basic Love of Things (BLOT), Blind Boys
* MP Ranjan, a design thinker and independent academic from Ahmedabad
* John Thackara, director of Doors of Perception and author of In The
Bubble: Designing In A Complex World

--
Lilly Irani
University of California, Irvine