[Reader-list] Aafia Siddiqui: The Terror-Industrial Complex

Kshmendra Kaul kshmendra2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 10 19:07:32 IST 2010

Dear Paul

The comment was not directed at you.

By all accounts the access to Legal Redress is excellent in the USA. The lack of that in India (and I think in Pakistan too) creates a strangulation that only helps in corrupt practices and in tampering with due judicial processes (whether amongst officers of the court or people in the investigating agencies).

My comment was on the system of adjucation by 'jury consisting of ordinary citizens'. I do not think it is a good system. To repeat myself "Many factors can and will cloud competent and diligent evaluation of the evidence/arguments presented in court."

Your response seems to suggest that since the Indian (or Pakistani) judicial system is not very efficient or fair therefore one should not comment on the American system. I hope I read that wrong. It would be a stupid position to take

Kshmendra

PS. Phoolan Devi in her mirth is likely to be joined by those who have been judged "guilty' in the USA and have been 'executed' with subsequent investigation/evidence proving them to be 'innocent'