[Reader-list] "Aman Ki Asha" - A Foolish Asha?

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 23:21:10 IST 2010

Hi

I was just thinking about this: Aman ki Asha or Asha ka Aman???

On a more serious note, all this talk about peace has completely tried to
engage in a huge sense of sentimentalism and emotions, without realizing the
fact that Pakistan state and the Pakistan elites who may be against India,
look at India from the 1971 war point of view, and they will always brand
India as an enemy. And these factions or elites do hold power to a
substantial degree in Pakistan. Similarly, such kind of people are there in
India as well.

Hope is not bad, for when all hope is lost, all what is left is death. But
there should be a sense of realism attached with hope, and I would only ask
for one thing: don't attach sentimentalism and emotions with such a peace
process. It will only lead to pains. It's better to be rational, realistic
and let's keep sentimentalism and emotions out. If you feel emotional, sing
songs. Let's instead concentrate on what all can be actually achieved and
start working on it.

Rakesh