[Reader-list] Pune: Hindutva terror?

Jigish Parikh parikhjigish at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 21:38:51 IST 2010

Shuddha,

You raised a valid point about people getting worked up
on specific words. Let me share my two cents on it.
A well-read person would not question the fact that history of Muslims
in general in context to
Indian subcontinent is full of waging wars, destroying/looting
properties and temples. Texts such as
Akabar Nama or Aurngzeb-nama or any other nama describes in details
how Muslim invaders' sole motivation was terrorizing & wiping out
Hindu kingdoms. "Terror" or terrorizing others is not alien to
Muslims. It has been their easy escape to
competition,injustice,imperialism or whatever. If in doubts, refer
books which will precisely point out every single invasion and
accounts of
destruction or even verse of the namas that praise those acts.

Now lets talk about a Hindu. When was the last time a Hindu invaded,
deliberately planned destruction of anyone ? Despite centuries of
oppression, slavery,
rapes and murders of their woman ? Can anyone enlighten me ?

The idea of inflicting violence/harm to others is TOTALLY "alien" to
Hindus. We are the people with "Forget and forgive" attitude not because we
are cowards/incapable but our ancient texts teaches us to live life that way.

So, when some half-learned, self-appointed scholars  associate the word "terror"
with Hindu it is no surprise that lot of people get uncomfortable. Can
one of these self-proclaimed
scholar explain me suddenly how and specially why "now" Hindu
mentality changed particularly in a "liberated", democratic India when
misery
of Hindus is no where close to as in their worst times.

Actually by doing this(associating word "terror" with Hindu)
stupid,careless and mind-less media is fermenting a divide in
the society and pushing very silent and moderate sections of Hindu
society towards
the right.

The least I expect from every Hindu to understand this.

--
Thank you,
Jigish Parikh.