[Reader-list] Free online education portal

santhosh hk santhoshhrishikesh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 08:06:43 IST 2010

The online education portal is yet another milestone in the history of Sree
Neelakanta Government Sanskrit  College. Arguably, the first college in
Kerala to tap the unlimited potential of the cyber space, we provide
exhaustive online support to competitive exams like NET, CAT and MAT. In
addition, the portal offers materials on communicative English, general
knowledge, information & communication technology and helps the student fare
better in the university examinations. We would like to invite everyone
interested in the venture, both as users and contributors.

www.sngsconlineedu.org is the realization of a long-cherished dream.  The
college has tried to use the possibilities brought about by the internet
revolution for quiet some time now as illustrated from the college website
and blogs. Now it has moved to its own portal and is thus equipped to cater
to the diverse needs of the larger academic community. Every course offered
by the college is absolutely free, no strings attached. The following are
the main courses and facilities that the college offers through the portal.

UGC/NET: The Multimedia Center and the Placement Cell of the College have
offered training for UGC NET for long, at first in the form of regular
classes and recently through a blog created for the purpose. In the case of
Sanskrit, Malayalam, economics, commerce, history and English, training was
offered for optional subjects too. Now, we are bidding goodbye to the blog
and starting out with our own cyber space. It uploads at least five posts a
day from among general and optional topics. In addition, there will be
interactive sessions, tests and evaluation programs. We are very seriously
thinking about offering real time online interactive sessions with teachers
and resource persons.

Common admission test: The Placement Cell is conducting training sessions
for CAT and MAT. Though it is primarily meant for final year degree
students, freshmen and sophomores are also actively attending classes.  The
study materials and notes shall be made available in the portal.

Communicative English: The Multimedia Center is association with the
department of English is running a short term course on communicative
English.  All the four departments of language viz. listening, speaking,
reading and writing are pointedly dealt with in the course.

ICT: Information and communication technology has already a niche in every
stratum of the academy. When it comes to higher education, it has become a
byword of efficient learning and output. The College provides service and
assistance in every facet of ICT.
Admin
http://sngsconlineedu.org
http://sngscollege.info