[Reader-list] Fw: Gautam Navlakha - a Maoist?

subhrodip sengupta sub_sengupta at yahoo.co.in
Wed Feb 24 22:33:43 IST 2010

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: subhrodip sengupta <sub_sengupta at yahoo.co.in>
To: reader-list-request at sarai.net
Sent: Wed, 24 February, 2010 10:29:35 PM
Subject: Re: [Reader-list] Gautam Navlakha - a Maoist?

Glad to know that we recognise these people were a sore to the governments eyes, specially when one talks about displacement, mass violence, and other things which the government tries to have monopoly over . . . . . . .
And they were working for and releasing scholars like them who tried to manage the violence by taking it to the democratic front. Raid any of these houses and tell me how many rocket launchers, or plans of implanting bombs you find. Then how can we call them terrorists. Police had the licence to utmost brutality with or with government order, is a political servant, and yet policemen are not a member of political force, yeah technically they are civilians. Unfortunately I find Maoist has become a new political weapon to charge non-muslims in India. Instaed of targetting violence mongers who blurt out non-sense and imagined incidents for political power at rallies, target intellectuals. These people were basically shamming the government, and for that release of people like Binayak Sen they irked the Government enough to be pin-pointed and targetted.  NO, Fidel Castro also jailed poets, only he was more humane, and he never called them terrorists. I
 am sad that of late the political system has driven (and some parties, off course enabled) maoists to fetch rocket launchers (from Indian Army or China?).  Acting without thinking shall never solve the problem, so what good shall arresting instead of consulting individuals do? I am as well irked by the problem of mis-directed violence, and  displacement due to maoists, but for a change once Crpf is deployed, what is Salva Judum doing? Itching the sore can only make it worse.  Nor does Exclusive politics isnt helping.