[Reader-list] Call for Entry: 5th International Water Film Festival

Bangalore Film Society , bangalorefilmsociety at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 21:10:03 IST 2010

*Voices from the Waters- 2010*

*The 5**th** International Film Festival on Water*

*CALL FOR ENTRIES*

Bangalore Film Society, Arghyam, Svaraj- Society for Voluntary Action
Revitalization and Justice, Finger Lakes Environmental Film Festival, Ithaca
College, USA (FLEFF), Mountainfilm in Telluride, Alliance Francaise de
Bangalore, Charter of Human Responsibilities, Samvada, Karnataka
Chalanachitra Akademi and Water Journeys- Campaign for Fundamental Right to
Water are organizing the fifth edition of the largest international film
festival on water- *Voices from the Waters 2010*.

2010 begins as a critical year not just for ‘Voices from the Waters’ which
completes five years of existence but for environmental consciousness on the
whole, as the thoughts and concerns regarding the existence and well-being
of our rivers and streams are now being voiced in the mainstream. Now more
than ever, there is a call for awareness, dialogue and debate to inform the
actions on which the survival of our lifeworlds depend. We are at an instant
of much possibilities and hope. We are in search of the voices that will
guide us to a critical departure from the current paradigms towards our
vision of better futures.

‘Voices from the Waters 2010: The 5th International Film Festival on Water’,
the biggest, most dynamic and diverse platform of its kind invites you to be
a part of the festival by contributing short, documentary, animation and
feature films on water and related issues.

If you have a film in under any of the following categories:

*Water Scarcity,*

*The Dams and the Displaced,*

*Water Harvest,*

*Water Struggles/Conflicts,*

*Floods and Droughts,*

*Global Warming and Climate Change,*

*Impact of Deforestation on Water Bodies,*

*Water, Sanitation and Health,*

*River Pollution,*

*The Holistic Revival of Water Bodies,*

*Water and Life.*

You can consider sending it to us. Please note that the categories are
loosely conceived and your film does not have to necessarily adhere to them
while focusing on the larger theme of water.

*Guidelines:*

Entries to the Film Festival must include:
1. DVD of the film (*with English subtitles, if required*)
2. A completed and signed copy of the entry form
3. Three high-resolution stills of the film (*can be sent via email*)
4. A high-resolution photograph of the director (*can be sent via email*)
Promotional materials are welcome

There is no entry fee.

All submitted films will be subject to a selection process by eminent
members of the festival jury.

Applicant must pay for shipment of films to Voices from the Waters.

Submitted films will not be returned but will be part of Voices from the
Waters library, one of the largest resources in the world for films on
water.

Voices from the Waters is conceived as a travelling film festival. The
selected films after being premiered in Bangalore at the main event will be
taken across to educational institutions, non governmental organizations,
small towns and villages across India.

Last date for submissions: June 15th 2010

Address:

Bangalore Film Society

No.33/1-9, Thygaraja Layout

Jaibharath Nagar