[Reader-list] Calling Changemakers + Workshop by Youth Venture, Jan 9, Bombay

Chandni Parekh chandni.parekh at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 12:30:00 IST 2010

The attachment can be seen at http://bit.ly/7wiB5N

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Vipin Thekkekalathil <tvipin at ashoka.org>
Date: 2010/1/6
Subject: Calling Changemakers

   Dear Chandni, can you please send this information and the attached
document to your contacts. We are starting our new cycle on the 9th and
would like to spread the word that we are looking out for passionate young
people who have a dream to make this country better.

Have a terrific 2010.

Warmly,

Vipin

Dear Friend,

 Youth Venture is inviting passionate young people who are interested in
applying for the *2010 Changemaker Fellowship* to come for our *Introductory
Dream it. Do it. Workshop* scheduled for

*9th January*. We will share more details on the fellowship, hear from the
experiences of our venturers and meet the Youth Venture Team.  This will be
a space for you to share your venture ideas with us.

 For more information about Youth Venture India, visit us at
www.youthventureindia.org<https://mail.ashoka.org/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.youthventureindia.org>.
You
can watch our Changemakers in action at *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R86LhW0Cxk*<https://mail.ashoka.org/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://mail.ashoka.org/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R86LhW0Cxk>

 The attached brochure gives you further details of the program and the
venue. We start at 3:45 pm.

 Please confirm your participation by calling Aditi on 9820034563.

 Look forward to seeing you there,

 Aditi Punj
*Ashoka's Youth Venture India*
*www.youthventureindia.net<https://mail.ashoka.org/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.youthventureindia.net>
* * *

*About Ashoka's Youth Venture*

 Youth Venture is a global movement that inspires, invests, and supports
young people to lead social change.

We believe it is critical that people discover early on in their lives that
they can lead social change. We invest in young people to design and lead
their own initiatives that create social impact.

We do this through a one year fellowship, where we support them to create
entrepreneurial Ventures around a social issue they feel passionate about.
As they form teams and work together in creating and launching their
‘Ventures’, young people learn the important skills of leadership, teamwork,
entrepreneurship and empathy. They also realize that they are powerful and
will continue to take initiative and lead again and again throughout their
lives.

Established by Ashoka, the world’s leading association of social
entrepreneurs and the pioneer of the social entrepreneurship movement, Youth
Venture is nurturing young people’s dreams and providing them with
mentorship and seed capital to help them initiate change in their
communities.

 In the last 24 months, we have supported 70 young changemakers and their
teams, in Mumbai and Songadh (a district in Rural Gujarat). See the attached
document and *www.genv.net/india*<https://mail.ashoka.org/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.genv.net/india>
.