[Reader-list] Volunteering Opportunities with Karmayog

Chandni Parekh chandni.parekh at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 17:40:39 IST 2010

Posted by: "karmayog.org" info at karmayog.org
<info at karmayog.org?Subject=%20Re%3ADo%20Volunteer%20with%20Karmayog>  Mon
Jan 11, 2010

In the past, some of you have expressed a willingness to volunteer with
Karmayog.

We may not have been able to respond then, but we do have an interest now in
working with volunteers.

So, please contact us if you are still interested in volunteering with
Karmayog.

Do fill the Volunteer Form at www.karmayog.org/volunteer as that would give
us a better idea of your skills and interest. In case you have already
filled the form, do let us know your volavl No.

Below is a list of volunteering possibilities at Karmayog. However if you
have something specific in your mind which you would like to implement for
or through Karmayog, do let us know as that would be our first preference.

If you are in the Fort area between 11 am - 5 pm (Mon. - Fri.) or between 11
am - 3 pm (Sat.), please drop by at our office, so that we can discuss
possibilities in person.

Our office address and directions are available in the Contact Us link from
the Karmayog homepage.

------------ --------- --------- --------- ----

Volunteering Posibilities at Karmayog

We would be happy to pay actuals (travel, etc.) and a nominal amount for
each of the listed activities.
Some activities are for volunteers based in Mumbai only. These are marked
with [M] .
Most of the activities are on an on-going basis, and you can do them when
you like.

1. [M] To launch Karmayog's new initiative - Karmayog Mpower and to
popularise and spread the word about this (See www.karmayog.in/mpower for
details)
Karmayog MPower is an initaitive that enables a person to use a mobile phone
for simple reporting via SMS or email.

2. Coordinate different sections on Karmayog. e.g.
- Donor Directory
- NGO Directory - for NGOs in your area
- Consumer Complaints (WARNings)
- Karmayog NGO-of-the-Month

3. Create and Manage a Resource Section on Karmayog
This would involve compiling useful data of any type in the area of your
interest which could be of help to beneficiaries, donors, or NGOs.
List of Resource Sections is available from the drop down list from the
Karmayog homepage.
See our Note on 'How to Manage a Resource Section' at
www.karmayog.org/aboutus/aboutus_2500. htm

4. Updating and collecting information on NGOs - through visits
Visit and interview NGOs in your area or in the category of your interest.
The basic idea is to provide updated and useful information about NGOs
through the Karmayog all-India directory. Information required from NGOs is
as per the form at www.karmayog.org/nonprofits/cocr.asp? r=1

5. Verify information on NGOs - by phone or internet only
Work involved would be to surf the net and to phone NGO's of a particular
category e.g. education, from lists available with Karmayog, and verify
their details, and collect more information (e.g. NGO Profile) from each
NGO.

6. [M] To attend events, talks and seminars on our behalf, and to circulate
a report on the same in the Karmayog yahoogroup.

7. To make presentations: To visit colleges, Rotary Clubs, Lions Clubs, etc,
and make a presentation about Karmayog or about particular projects (e.g.
the Karmayog CSR Ratings) to various groups

8. To promote and manage the Karmayog "Donate Books, Receive Books" campaign
on an on-going basis (See www.karmayog.org/donatebooks for details)

9. [M] To compile feedback received to various government schemes and laws,
and to submit these to the relevant government organisations and follow up
on the same.

10. To assist us with Software Development. e.g. with the Karmayog homepage

11. To write articles about various national and international days. e.g.
World Environment Day

12. [M] To work on specific time-bound projects with other organisations
(when they approach us)

13. [M] To work on specific projects initiated by Karmayog

14. [M] To coordinate activities and form groups for different causes. e.g.
No Plastic Bag campaign

15. To start and coordinate Karmayog Clubs (in Mumbai) and Chapters (in
other cities and towns in India) (See www.karmayog.org/karmayogchapters to
know more )
This would also involve moderating a Yahoogroup for the Chapter.

16. [M] To coordinate Volunteers for Karmayog i.e. all of the above

All the work would be finally displayed so as to be accessible free of
charge to anyone.

Please email to discuss further.

Thanks.

Vinay Somani