[Reader-list] International Development Correspondent Fellowship

Chintan chintangirishmodi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 14:16:34 IST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Altaf Makhiawala

*International Development Correspondent Fellowship*

*Combine your two passions: international development and journalism!*

Devex is seeking talented journalists interested in covering the
multi-faceted field of international development. Reporting fellowships are
available immediately in Tokyo, Barcelona and Washington, D.C.

Devex is one of the most innovative companies in international development.
Our Web site serves more than 100,000 users around the globe – and it’s
growing fast. Be part of our social enterprise, founded in 2000 at Harvard
University to make international development and humanitarian relief more
efficient. We are looking for energetic self-starters who want to be a part
of our expanding global newsroom.

As part of the Devex newsroom, you will learn how the international
development industry works, build relationships with practitioners, and gain
valuable professional experience.

Fellowships include a monthly stipend and are full-time positions for a
period of 3 to 6 months. Unpaid internships may be available on a full- or
part-time basis for undergraduates or recent graduates interested in
journalism and international development.

Fellows will conduct interviews and research on development trends,
projects, organizations as well as career and business advice. Our news
articles and videos should provide valuable guidance and information to our
readers, development professionals and organizations eager to get ahead and
make a difference in the world at the same time.

Only candidates with experience in journalism, excellent written and spoken
English, and work authorization for the selected office location will be
considered. Professional or academic work in international development or
related matters is a big plus, as are experience in shooting video content
and the ability to speak and write in multiple languages. We are looking for
detail-oriented self-starters who have a knack for writing catchy leads.

Fellowship start dates are as follows (subject to change):

Brussels and Barcelona: immediately.

Washington and Barcelona: Jan. 2, April 1, July 1, Oct. 1.

Tokyo: upon request.

Shortlisted candidates will be notified at least one month prior to the
fellowship’s official start date.

*To apply, please submit a resume and three writing samples by using the
link above in the “Application Instructions.” Specify the office in which
you would like to serve, the desired length of stay (3 or 6 months),
possible starting dates, as well as available work authorization. For
writing samples, we prefer published journalistic work that showcases your
knowledge of development, feature-writing skills and/or the ability to
express technical issues in an engaging manner.*

**

*
http://www.devex.com/jobs/nov2008-the-development-executive-group-international-development-correspondent-fellowship
*