[Reader-list] [Announcements] Mumbai: 3D virtual reality Berlin Wall installation

Tamiko Thiel tamiko at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jan 26 11:45:58 IST 2010

Dear Friends,

We are now coming to the final leg of our South Asian tour:

We will be exhibiting the interactive 3D installations "Virtuelle
Mauer/ReConstructing the Wall" in Bombay, and would be honored if you
came to see it! It deals with life "in the shadow of the Berlin Wall,"
was supported by the cultural department of the Berlin Senate, and won
the IBM Innovation Award at the 2009 Boston Cyberarts Festival. The tour
is organized by the Goethe-Institut/Max Mueller Bhavan, but in Mumbai
the exhibition is at the Indian Institute of Technology in Powai.

The opening reception for "Virtuelle Mauer" is on January 29th at 5pm at
IIT, all are invited! The installation runs until February 7th (but I
will have to leave Bombay much earlier, on February 2nd).

Please see below for more information and links!

Yours,
Tamiko Thiel
Indian cell: 9873948065
http://www.mission-base.com/tamiko/

"Virtuelle Mauer/ReConstructing The Wall"
interactive 3D virtual reality installation
by T+T (Tamiko Thiel and Teresa Reuter), 2008
http://www.virtuelle-mauer-berlin.de/english/devFiles/screenshots.htm

Exhibit in Bombay:
http://cms.goethe.de/ins/in/mum/ver/en5536491v.htm

Opening reception: January 29th, 5pm on
Exhibition: Jan. 30th - Feb. 7th (but I will leave Bombay on the 2nd)

at:
Conference Room No 2, 1st Floor
Industrial Design Centre (IDC)
http://www.idc.iitb.ac.in/
Indian Institute of Technology Mumbai (IIT)
Powai, Mumbai 400076

Many thanks to the Goethe-Institut/Max Mueller Bhavan Mumbai for
organizing and supporting this exhibit!

Highlights of the USA leg of the tour:
--------------------------------------
- Winner of 2009 IBM Innovation Award for Artistic Creation in Art and
  Technology at Boston Cyberarts Festival (venue Goethe-Institut Boston)

- German Ambassador Klaus Scharioth gave the opening speech for our solo
  exhibit at the American University Museum in Washington D.C.,
  arranged in cooperation with the Goethe-Institut Washington

- 20th anniversary of Fall of the Wall on November 9th: Goethe-Institut
  Boston put on a special showing of "Virtuelle Mauer" at Harvard
  University Kennedy School of Goverment, with speeches by German Consul
  Friedrich Loehr and Harvard Kennedy School Professor Steven Walt.

Events webpage:
http://www.virtuelle-mauer-berlin.de/english/events.htm

Ongoing exhibits
----------------
Bangalore, India___until 24 Jan.2010, Goethe-Institut Bangalore
Berlin, Germany____until 07 Feb.2010, Ephraim-Palais/Berlin City Museum
Gijon, Spain_______until 05 Apr.2010, LABoral Centro de Arte

Previous exhibits
-----------------
Berlin, Germany_____Museum for Communication (World premiere)
Seattle, USA________911 Media Arts Center (USA premiere)
Boston, USA_________Goethe-Institut Boston/Boston Cyberarts Festival
Maine, USA__________New England University/Goethe-Institut Boston
Cambridge, USA______Harvard Univ., Kennedy School/Goethe-Inst. Boston
Lubeck, Germany_____Chancellor Willy Brandt House
Wolfsburg, Germany__Kunstverein Wolfsburg
Berlin, Germany_____Gallery [DAM]Berlin (fine art prints)
Los Angeles, USA____Goethe-Institut Los Angeles
Washington DC, USA__American Univ.Museum/Goethe-Inst.Washington DC
New Delhi, India____Goethe-Institut New Delhi/Max Mueller Bhavan
Colombo, Sri Lanka__Goethe-Institut Sri Lanka

Many thanks to our sponsors!
--------------------------------
Hauptstadtkulturfonds (Berlin Capital City Cultural Funds)
Goethe-Institut Boston
Bitmanagement Software GmbH
Lunatic Interactive
Softline JSC