[Reader-list] Will India again kill protestors in next few days?

Aditya Raj Baul adityarajbaul at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 23:11:24 IST 2010

Hurriyat (G) issues fresh protest calendar  	Share on facebook Share on twitter
Strike on Sunday, civil curfew on July 12, Eidgah Chalo on July 13

KDNN
http://kashmirdispatch.com/ShowStory.asp?NewsID=1495&CategoryID=29

Srinagar, July 10: The Hurriyat Conference (G) Saturday issued a fresh
protest program for the next six days as part of its “Quit Kashmir
campaign” against the recent killings by paramilitary Central Reserve
Police Force (CRPF) and police in the Valley.

A spokesman of the conglomerate said that an executive council meeting
was held here under the chairman of general secretary Masrat Alam Bhat
to decide the future course of agitation. He said that the meeting
decided that there would a complete strike on Sunday (July 11).

“We urge people to observe civil curfew on Monday while on July 13
(Martyrs' Day), people should assemble at the shrine of Khaja Sahib
(Khawajabazar Nowhatta) and march towards Eidgah.”

“On Wednesday and Thursday, we urge people to stage sit-in protests on
roads in their respective localities,” he said,

“On July 16, Friday, people should wear white clothes and stage
protests in their respective district headquarters.”

“For people in Srinagar, Batamaloo has been designated as headquarter
and we appeal people to protest there,” he added.