[Reader-list] Is this a Forum for fake ID's

Sanjay Kak kaksanjay at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 17:09:47 IST 2010

Is there an explanation for the sudden drop in the sense of irony on this
list?
Why is it beginning to sound like ragging in an undergraduate mens college?
Or an application for a new passport in India...
And I really miss Taha Mehmood at a moment like this: he who has taken us
plumbing the deepest gorges of identity... What must he be thinking of all
this talk of scanned passports, photo ids and the like?
And for all those who post frequently: is our being 'real' ever been a
criteria here? Have we all had to send in our Ration cards, Driving licence
and Metro cards before we appear on this list? I must have missed that stage
of the process.

Lighten up, folks. Read Mr Baul's posts, critique them, respond to them.
But whether he is Syed Ali Shah Geelani in masquerade, or the head of the
ISI, it matters not a whit.
To all we say, in the tradition of a sarai, welcome! Tell us a tale or two!
Make us wise, save us from dullness and boredom.
Best
Sanjay Kak