[Reader-list] Reg: Arrest of Himanshu Kumar, a Gandhian activist

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 16:38:08 IST 2010

Dear all

Posted below is an account I obtained from Chhattisgarh-net group, a reader
list I have joined which gives daily news on Chhattisgarh. As per this new
item, a case of rioting has been filed on Himanshu Kumar, the Gandhian
activist, as also it seems false cases have been lodged on trying to stop a
reporter (who is actually a mechanic given a camera to shoot the proceedings
of the cycle yatra and addressing of the crowd by Himanshu Kumar). This
yatra is called to protest Operation Greenhunt. Please do go through the
news and listen to the audio on the link given.

Rakesh

 Police slaps case of rioting on Himanshu Kumar on cycle  yatra
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chhattisgarh-net/message/16037;_ylc=X3oDMTJzdjI2bWEyBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzEzMjEzMDYxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwODM0Mzc1NARtc2dJZAMxNjAzNwRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdm1zZwRzdGltZQMxMjc5Mjc3OTE5>
Posted
by: "CGnet Swara" cgnetswara at gmail.com
<cgnetswara at gmail.com?Subject=+Re%3APolice%20slaps%20case%20of%20rioting%20on%20Himanshu%20Kumar%20on%20cycle%20%20yatra>
Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:48 pm (PDT)

Dear friends

As you know Himanshu Kumar of Vanvasi Chetna Ashram Dantewada is on a
nation wide cycle tour to campaign against Operation Green Hunt and
talk to people about what is happening with tribals in Chhattisgarh.
Punjab police has put a case of rioting with dangerous arms on him
which looks like as an attempt to stop his cycle yatra

http://swara.no-ip.org/index.php?id=1215

We request you to please raise the issue with concerned authorities.

You can also listen to this report by dialing the new number for
CGnet Swara 080 4113 7280

Can we request you to please make a note of this new number in your
mobile phones and please help us by telling this new number to our
friends who are not on e mails?

Please call this number to record and listen to messages in CGnet
Swara and let us know if you encounter any problems

regards
CGnet Swara moderators