[Reader-list] all militants should be treated equally

Javed javedmasoo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 22:28:05 IST 2010

Now that the role of RSS in terror activities is fast getting
confirmed, isn't it time to ban the party/organization just like SIMI
and IM etc. If RSS is allowed to remain free, then the ban should be
lifted from SIMI etc. too (I am not suggesting that SIMI is innocent -
I am only talking of justice and equality in terror). But I doubt even
if the UPA govt will have the courage to ban RSS.

------

Saffron brigade's terror plots exposed
Ashish Khetan
New Delhi, July 15, 2010

As per information accessed from investigators by Headlines Today, a
meeting was held in Faridabad in January 2008. It was attended by Dr
R.P. Singh, an endocrinologist at one of Delhi's biggest hospitals,
Dayanand Pandey, Lt Col Purohit and B.L Sharma. In this meeting, the
failed bid to target Ansari was talked about.

Pandey: Let me tell you that an awards ceremony was held at Jamia
Millia Islamia University in which Vice-President Hamid Ansari was
present.
Dr Singh: I had gone to raise a protest at that meeting. I took 15
litres of petrol with me but I didn't get a chance.

In the same meeting, Purohit said they had stopped believing in the
Indian Constitution and would fight to establish a 'Hindu rashtra'.

Sources in the Maharashtra ATS told Headlines Today that since there
was no direct evidence to link Dr Singh to the Malegaon blasts, he
wasn't arrested.

But the police said Dr Singh was part of the larger saffron terror
ring and other agencies should have investigated him.

Headlines Today has accessed tapes recovered from Pandey's laptop that
detail many such terror meetings. Here is what Dr Singh is heard
saying in one these tapes:

Dr Singh: Muslims are enemy no. 1 and I want to kill them, beginning
from Delhi. They own thousands of showrooms here that I want to loot.
Pandey: To strengthen our finances.
Dr Singh: The financial situation is weak... The Hindus will not give
so some (Muslim) homes have been spotted for looting.

Dr Singh even mentions how he has accumulated weapons through a police
officer in Assam. In one of the terror meetings, he can also be heard
asking Purohit to supply him grenades, detonators and RDX.

A plot to target Vice-President Hamid Ansari. An RSS functionary
mentoring the Ajmer Sharif and Mecca Masjid bomber. And a BJP leader
planning an underground outfit to kill Muslims. The saffron brigade's
terror agenda against minorities has been exposed.

Headlines Today has exclusively accessed material - in the form of
video tapes and witness accounts available with investigators - that
puts elements within the Sangh Parivar under the scanner.

Among those in the dock are RSS leader Indresh Kumar, BJP leader B.L.
Sharma, Delhi-based endocrinologist Dr R.P. Singh and Dr Sharad
Kunthe, head of the chemistry department at Pune's Wadia College.

INDRESH KUMAR, RSS
A Headlines Today investigation has found that RSS leader Indresh
Kumar shared close links with Sunil Joshi, who had planted bombs in
2007 at the Mecca Masjid in Hyderabad and the Ajmer Sharif dargah.

As per a written statement of the witness recorded by the Rajasthan
ATS and CBI, Indresh was aware of the terror plot and even approved of
it.

Indresh is a member of the Akhil Bharatiya Karyakari Mandal, the
central decision-making body of the RSS. He is a close aide of RSS
chief Mohan Bhagwat and also wields immense clout in the BJP.

Headlines Today tracked down the witness, and his revelations are damning.

Reporter: So Indresh was the driving force behind Sunil Joshi's activities?
Witness: If you mentor someone and are his godfather, it cannot be
possible that you aren't aware of his activities.
Reporter: And Joshi was very close to Indresh?
Witness: Yes he used to claim so.
Reporter: He said he was always with him?
Witness: He would say that he was in constant communication with Indreshji.

The witness, who is from Gujarat, was closely associated with Joshi, a
Madhya Pradesh-based RSS pracharak.

The blast at Mecca Masjid killed 17 people while two people died in
the explosion at Ajmer Sharif. The Mecca Masjid blast is being probed
by the CBI while the Ajmer Sharif probe is with the Rajasthan Police.

In May this year, the Rajasthan ATS arrested two RSS pracharaks on
terror charges. But the RSS has denied it has anything to do with
terror.

"There is no such thing as Hindu terror. The investigating agencies
wanted some information. We are extending full co-operation," RSS
leader Ram Madhav said.

Now, with material emerging against Indresh, the RSS central
leadership will have much to explain.

Indresh holds several important responsibilities in the RSS. One of
them ironically being the head of Muslim Rashtriya Manch, the Sangh's
Muslim cell.

When contacted by Headlines Today, Indresh denied all allegations.

B.L. SHARMA, BJP
Another Sangh Parivar leader in the dock is B.L. Sharma of the BJP.
Headlines Today has accessed a video that shows Sharma in league with
Dayanand Pandey and Lt Col Srikant Purohit, both accused in the 2008
Malegaon blasts and in jail.

In the video, Sharma is holding a meeting where he talks about
starting an underground terrorist movement against Muslims. The
meeting happened at a temple in Nasik in 2007 - at a time when Lt Col
Purohit was posted there - and laid the foundation for the formation
of Hindu militant group Abhinav Bharat.

Also present was Bhai Dalvi, a self-styled Hindu fanatic from Mumbai.

Here are excerpts from their conversation:

Dalvi: There should be blasts across India. People should die in lakhs
and crores. Only then will they (Muslims) panic and come on our side.
Pandey: This will create pressure and they will convert on their own.
Dalvi: Yes.
Pandey: Once the conversion begins, it will not take long for the
entire country to get converted (to Hinduism).
Sharma: They will return (to Hinduism) just the way they went away.
Pandey: You are right.

Sharma is a two-time BJP MP. He was elected from the East Delhi
constituency in 1991 and 1996. He fought the 2009 Lok Sabha elections
from North East Delhi but lost.

Investigators said Sharma also participated in other terror meetings
that Abhinav Bharat held across the country. In public, however, he
presented a different face, telling Headlines Today that he is a
peace-loving man and against all terror activities.

DR R.P. SINGH, ENDOCRINOLOGIST
The saffron terror ring also had a vicious plan to target
Vice-President Hamid Ansari.

Dr Singh: I need grenades, high-voltage detonators and batteries and
RDX. Those of whom we approached say the army can provide these. If we
get these items, we can do a spectacular war.

DR SHARAD KUNTHE, PUNE
If Dr Singh was being a disgrace to his profession, Pune's Dr Sharad
Kunthe was poisoning young minds.

Dr Kunthe, head of the chemistry department at Wadia College, was
suspected of holding training camps and teaching his students to
assemble bombs.

He was grilled by the Maharashtra ATS for his alleged role in the
Malegaon and Nanded blasts and is now under the CBI's scanner.

Dr Kunthe has been nailed by one of his aides Rakesh Dhawde, who
helped him in his missions. "In June 2003, Dr Kunthe asked me to
conduct a survey of the Pune Satara Road and Akansha bungalow near
Sinhgadh Qila and let him know which would be better for a terror
camp. After a survey, I suggested Sinhgadh would be appropriate,"
Dhawde told a magistrate.

Dhawde is an accused in the Malegaon blasts case and is lodged in the
Nashik jail along with Lt Col Purohit.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/Story/105546/saffron-brigades-terror-plots-exposed.html?page=0