[Reader-list] walking proud- on queer pride Keralam

aryakrishnan ramakrishnan aryakrish at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 11:54:21 IST 2010

Hi

A piece i wrote on the pride parade in Keralam

"This July 2nd we celebrated queer pride keralam and walked the
streets of Thrissur with joyfulness. There were placards, balloons,
rain bow flags, color masks, slogans; more over there was an
enthusiasm among the community like never before. As Anil, a fellow
activist put it “I am wearing a mask today. But I am no longer going
to use this. I am throwing my mask away, and I hope you do too. Come
out of your masks and come together”. This statement was reflected in
the march though many in the LGBT community here still prefer to live
in closet."

For full text and pics http://thefishpond.in/aryakrish/2010/walking-proud/

Thanks

Aryakrishnan