[Reader-list] RSS favours return of displaced Kashmiri Pandits to valley

cashmeeri cashmeeri at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 19 11:34:41 IST 2010

comments made by me on this topic in a facebook discussion group

............... aalok aima

Maybe the RSS has come to realise that the 'Indian' point of view might not neccessarily coincide with the 'Hindu' point of view.

If that is so, then then RSS shows signs of maturing into a truly 'Bharatiya' movement.

That though might be difficult to digest since the RSS has not repudiated or altered it's position on the highly Hinduist and Anti-Muslimist ideology propagated by the founding fathers of the RSS.

The RSS showing signs of political maturity is also highly doubtful when we see that the RSS continues to flog the 'Akhand Bharat' horse.

The grouse of the RSS and it's displeasure is that the religious minorities in India do not subscribe to their  being  'Bharatiya' as their prime identity.

Yet, the RSS would like to place the current India into an 'Akhand Bharat' where the percentage of non-Hindu-religious-minorities would rise from the current 19ish percent to around 37 percent.

The addition would come from those who are already well steeped into their current respective nationalisms all of which coincide with a non-Hindu identity.

If the RSS does think before it speaks then it would apper that the RSS either thinks stupidly or disjointedly.

That brings me to anyone including the RSS being foolish enough to expect the Kashmiri Hindus to just simply slip or filter back into Kashmir and resume living there as if 'all is well' while completely ignoring the immediate past histories as well as the current situation.

But i do not buy into any general reservation about Kashmiri Hindus living in Kashmir amongst a majority that is Muslim.

I do not buy into it as an Indian.

Post 1947 and prior to 1989, Kashmiri Hindus were living in Kashmir with the majority being Muslim.

It could be argued and not without fair reasoning that the Kashmiri Hindus did so with a whole lot of disadvantages and prejudices stacked against them and with some degree of 'servitude'.

We can see exactly the same reasons being put forward by those Muslims who argue that they cannot live 'happy' lives amongst a majority of 'Hindus'.

Do we therefore break-up India into carved up territories that are for Hindus only; Muslims only; Christians only; Buddhists only; Sikhs only; Atheists only; Agnostics only ..... ?

Is it more important to be concerned about the well being of India or about the levels of discomfort of some of the Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs and Christians etc as per their own 'live happily thermometers' ?

I choose India.