[Reader-list] India state-run banks 'turn away Muslims': BBC

A.K. Malik akmalik45 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 25 23:39:47 IST 2010

Dear Bipinji,
               Other than in Gujarat anything happening to Muslims is not a National News. No one tries to find out why people are denied their rightfuls, if any. Whether it is girls who are denied admission to a school because there might not have been seats available or students who might not have been able to submit documents known as KYC(Know Your Client) documents for opening Bank Accounts. Mr Javed says he has not made this news but has lifted from BBC-what for just because it talks about Muslim students.Please first find out why has it happened.The Bank Officers would not do it intentionally because AP has a Govt ruled by a muslim supporting party and they could be in trouble for doing it..There must be reasons otherwise.But why in the first instance the Govt has given cheques to students who don't have bank accounts.Is there a rule which says cash can't be given? If the students are below a certain age only thier parents/guardians can open bank
 accounts on their behalf as per the current rules.
My driver who happens to be a Hindu has not been able to open a bank account because he doesn't have the Election ID though he has other documents including Driver's license.
What perhaps Mr Javed wishes is create seats for Muslims in schools even if these are saturated; open bank accounts for Muslims even if they don't have the required KYC documents,lift and upload new items where he finds muslims have been deprived of something.Can someone advise him for God's sake seek your rights as CITIZENS OF INDIA and not as Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs or Christians etc.When would people stop dividing us on the basis of religion?
With regards,

(A.K.MALIK)