[Reader-list] Remembering Chandreshkhar Azad on his birth anniversary

Pheeta Ram pheeta.ram at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 00:43:53 IST 2010

Dear Kshmendra

Thank you for the links. Can't appreciate Jeebesh enough for such an
insightful question. However, i would like to foreground
Pinney's phrasing of the reason: "These serve as markers to differentiate
identical physiognomies. Their identical faces suggest a somatic
transperency and interchangeability of identity grounded in the
inconsequentiality of Azad's Brahman and Bhagat's Jat Sikh identities in the
face of their mutial Indian-ness."
Can anyone of you paraphrase it for me in a simple language?
Thanks in advance.

Pheeta